How is it done?
Better Human Co offers companies and institutions a range of interventions to support them in all the key phases of their health and safety prevention policy, to improve workplace well-being and overall performance.
Within the framework of a Joint Steering Committee, we work in partnership with:
- Directions: General Management, HRD
- The OSs (Trade Union Organizations) and the IRPs (Staffl Representative Bodies)
- The Health, Safety and Working Conditions Committee (CHSCT)
- The employee representative committee
- The staff representatives
- The Occupational Health Services
Our ambition is always to identify the causes to tackles the root of the problems, not just on the symptoms.
The method developed by Better Human Co aims to EVALUATE, UNDERSTAND and ACT.
Key factors for success
- The commitment of management and the social partners.
- Support for the occupational health service.
- The guarantee of anonymity and confidentiality provided by a third party.
- Internal communication is essential:
- Upstream to explain and reassure employees,
- Downstream with a communication plan to value the actions carried out.
- A rigorous, effective and pragmatic approach:
- The intervention process (the way things are done) have to be given as much importance as the specific actions deployed (things themselves),
- It is essential to establish a proper diagnosis before deploying an action plan.
- A vision on the short, medium and long term.
The goal is not to do more but to do better: it is necessary to identify some problems on which to act and to avoid too many simultaneous actions.
A short and effective methodology
The diagnostic approach developed by the firm consists of 5 major steps:
The Pre-diagnosis or H.Q.I for Human Quality Index® is based on a short and effective methodology developed by Better Human Co.
It allows organizations to make a preliminary objective inventory in order to compare itself in its group or in its sector of activity and to help in the decision-making and the action.
At the launch of the initiative, Better Human Co invites companies and institutions to bring together all the key factors of success to ensure its smooth running:
- The sharing of fundamental principles: anonymity, confidentiality, communication.
- The commitment of all the stakeholders of the company or establishment.
- The availability of material, financial and human resources.
- Raising awareness among key players.
- The setting up of a Joint Steering Committee.
- Achievement of a transparent and consensus-based communication plan.
The methodology used for the good conduct of the socio-organizational audit-diagnosis always combines:
- A quantitative approach, based on scientifically validated questionnaires and supplemented by questions specific to your sector of activity and your problems and business; It makes it possible to identify the causes;
- A qualitative approach centered on the real activity of employees and working conditions, work experience, work organization, job ergonomics and psychological and social dimensions. It makes it possible to understand the causes identified in the quantitative approach.
Quantitative phase : Measure to induce changes in behavior.
The evaluation methodology of Better Human Cie is based on an innovative program specialized in the prevention of psychosocial risks in companies:
- MétéoStress®, 1st chronic stress measurement program on the Internet
- Human@Work®, online questionnaire allowing an inventory of services / departments
The quantitative approach developed by Better Human Cie has four major advantages:
- Identify the causes of psychosocial risks in order to better prevent them
- Give global and anonymous results: designed by health professionals, these assessment and monitoring tools are available on an outsourced, secure and personalized website. The data collected are systematically made anonymous before any treatment. They are non-nominative and are used only for statistical, global and anonymous processing.
- Stimulate social dialogue: Human@work® allows all employees to speak quickly and at low cost.
- Promote individual awareness through immediate results and advice for employees.
- Benefit from a benchmark: thanks to the Better Human Cie panel, each company and institution benefits from”benchmarking” data and can be compared to national references.
Understand the risk factors and the actual context of the work activity to co-construct relevant measures for improvement.
Better Human Co promotes proximity, dialogue and listening to people in work situations and the observation of their environment. The qualitative approach developed by Better Human Cie promotes a participatory approach in a strictly confidential and ethical framework through the following methods:
- The conduct of semi-structured individual interviews;
- The conduct or focus group interviews;
- Interviews by e-mail or telephone;
- In-situ ergonomic observation of workstations;
- The installation of listening centres (if necessary).
Better Human Co goes beyond the identification of risk factors and precisely targets the concrete problems by asking employees about their perception:
- A better understanding of human and organizational causes and consequences.
- Compile a complete report of the problems existing in the organization.
- Co-build leads for improvement.
- Make people aware that through management practices and work practices, behaviors, words and decisions can constitute risk or protective factors.
The logic of BHC’s intervention is constructive.
The audit phase should lead to a plan of concrete actions adapted to the context of the organization developed jointly by involving the key players: management, social partners, CHSCT (Health, Safety and Working Conditions Committee), occupational health and safety, etc.
A three-level prevention plan:
Upstream of psychosocial risks:
- Primary prevention: acting on organizations
Reorganizing work and improving working conditions
In preventing the deterioration of situations:
- Secondary prevention: acting on individuals
Improving awareness, knowledge and exchange
In reparation for degraded situations:
- Tertiary prevention: acting on people who are suffering
Optimizing the tracking of occupational medicine and caring for people in distress
The best thing is to act as far upstream as possible on the causes, and therefore on the organizations, but also on people.
- Establish a detailed action plan in order of priority.
- Sensitize the actors of the implementation (all managers in particular).
- Identify the success and failure criteria of the actions to be deployed.
- Develop a follow-up methodology.
Evaluate the effectiveness of the actions.
Better Human Cie enrolls its customer relationship in a logic of partnership in the long term with:
- Proximity support in your actions
- A plan to deploy actions for optimal efficiency
- Regular meetings with Better Human Co.
- Clear internal communication
- Information to all employees on the actions put in place and their progress
- A valorisation of the involvement of the company and the establishment in the improvement of the quality of life at work
- Dynamic monitoring of your teams to improve the management of periods of stress
- Simple and concrete indicators
- Real-time results